Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I'm published!

Hi, gang

I am pleased to announce that I am now in print! And it all came about with a concern from one of our Dallas Ukulele Headquarters members.

This member wanted our jam book, but didn't want to download and print it. Typically, when this issue has come up in the past, we have suggested going to the FedEx/Kinko's website. In this case, before giving that advice to our member, we checked out the website for ourselves. Frankly, it was kind of confusing. Not at all simple. I suppose you could easily put it on a thumb drive and walk into FedEx/Kinko's, but that is pretty high tech for some folks!

So, I wondered what was out there and available. And I was very pleased to discover a terrific option for people who want to just purchase a printed version. And now you can, in either hardcover or spiral bound. Please check them out for yourself. Or, better yet, if your group uses the Dallas Ukulele Headquarters Songbook, buy a couple!

Paperback edition:
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/dallas-ukulele-headquarters-songbook/15983398

Hardcover edition:
http://www.lulu.com/product/hardcover/dallas-ukulele-headquarters-songbook/15983444

But wait: There's more! Years ago, when I was developing as a ukulele player, I started collecting ukulele jokes. Now, back then, the uke wasn't as cool as it is today, but still I have found the jokes useful in any number of performance situations.

I always said I'd eventually publish the joke book, and I was so excited about the jam books that I went ahead and did it.

So, let me present to you, the Mark Twang Ukulele Joke Book!
http://www.lulu.com/product/paperback/mark-twangs-ukulele-joke-book/15997336

Let me know what you think!

-Mark "Twang"



(Thank you for reading Uke Plucks! My goal is to continually provide something interesting and of value to uke fans, uke players and uke group organizers. Please see our official website, www.ukulele.meetup.com/84/ for more information, and DO sign up even if you are out of the area. That way you can see first hand what Dallas Ukulele Headquarters is doing. Also, DO click on the FOLLOW BLOG button at the top of the page. This helps me to know who is reading and what topics to cover. Plus, it's a little stroke to my ego every time someone adds me. And finally, DO leave a comment. Did you like this post? Not like it? What would you like to see me cover? Again, everything helps! And remember: Without "U", it's just Kulele!)

No comments:

Post a Comment